Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2019

Why do stars twinkle?

This is a short story of what we had to read. So all of the highlighted words were the words that were  wrong. The challenge was to try and fix up the mistakes of all the wrong words. The hardest part was when I had to find out what to do when I was finished. The easiest part was when I finished writing the spelling words correctly. I find reading the hardest subject and math is the easiest. This is the short amount of writing that I wrote yesterday. I was supposed to put in the vocabulary but I obviously got stuck and forgot.

WALT: Find, discuss and explain all punctuation.


Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star.


You may be surprised to learn that stars actually never do no twinkling at all!
When you look at a star they are seeing them through the the thick layers of air that make
up the earth's atmosphere. When the stars light passes through these layers of air,
the light is bent or ‘refracted’ differently by each layer.  This is because of moisture in the air,
as well as different air temperatures and the movement of the air,
Together, it makes the starlight seem to be moving, witch we see as twinkling.


Right way of spelling errors.


Surprised
Earth’s
Atmosphere
Through
Differently
Moisture
Which






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.